I love to make things and share them with someone else who I hope will also love it. And I really enjoy it when someone asks the recipient, “Where did you get that?” And the reply is “Jan made it.”
I make things because it’s something I need. It’s something I want. Or maybe I just think it’s cute.
- Clothes for me and the kids in my life;
- Costumes: Mermaid, Seaweed, Vampire Cape, Racing Suit, Elvis;
- Jewelry: earrings, memory wire bracelets and chokers;
- Crafts: Worry Dolls, Little Boxes;
- Grapevine wreaths from the vines in my yard, ornaments;
- Quilts for beds, babies, walls,or picnics;
- Little lanyards for cell phones, flash drives, or zipper pulls;
- Beaded rings for wine glasses;
- Home decorating: pillows, curtains, wall hangings;
- Furniture: Tuffets, stools and benches;
- T-shirts: paint and screen printing (but I pay someone to do that).
Of course I buy new materials, but I really love taking something old and putting it to good use. Fabric from an old dress or shirt; beads from a vintage necklace, tatting and crocheted lace from the edge of a ratty worn pillowcase or tea towel. I’m a photographer, and I love to cook. I write constantly.
I enjoy my dogs and my cats, and even Dillon’s rat, Ripley—believe it or not!
And I’m always wrapped up in some kind of project. Right now I have several projects going. I happen to be out of a job at the moment and unemployment isn’t covering the bills. I’m hoping to take up the slack by selling some of the things I’ve made. Or making some things to sell, whichever way it works out.
Make a comment on something you see that you like and if it’s not already spoken for you can buy it. I tend toward one-of-a-kind items so I may not be able to create the exact thing, but I can do something similar.
Even if you’re not shopping, let me know if you like what you see, have suggestions for related items, or if you just want to say hi.